"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Wednesday 5 April 2017

At work in the forest

Some days all I hear is wind and the far off roar of the sea. When it is quiet I hear song sparrows, kinglets and robins. I rake and gather branches and cones shed from winter winds. This forest is my work place. I have worked here for years and it has shaped me in a way that is hard to define. I watch my young daughter gathering conifer cones and than she drops them into a red squirrel cache under a stump beside a large midden pile. I don't attend church but in this space I feel something far greater beyond myself and my work becomes sacred. My heart lifts toward my Creator in prayer and thanksgiving. Yet everything is not serene. I have a recurring shoulder injury that has reignited and many days I am not here. I know He hasn't brought me this far - only to abandon me. With a quiet, simple faith I wait to see where He is leading me.

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, heartfelt post, Ronda. I do not believe we find God in any building in particular. I believe He is all around us in our everyday moments and everyday places.
    I have often felt on sacred ground when I was in the woods-it is one of God's cathedrals, I think.
    Blessings to you and I will pray that your shoulder heals. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your shoulder feels better soon. The way you feel about the forest, is how I feel about the beach. I actually feel closer there than in church sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You live in a beautiful place! Indeed it does brings us closer to God. Take care to avoid joint problems for those are hard to get ready of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be praying for your shoulder Ronda, I understand only too well. You have worn it out, but the Lord is able to heal it! Praying, and believing that for you! I know what you mean about the forest being our cathedral. I agree with you. God is not limited to a building with four walls... He is so much more greater than that! I love the symphony of the forest, raised in worship to the King. No greater music that that of the wind in the trees, the swoosh of the pine needles, and the sweet trills of happy birds. God is good, and He will be with you my friend!

    ReplyDelete