"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Wednesday 1 February 2017

The fridge - part 1

Propane fridges are truly wonderful because they are silent but they are also expensive to purchase. An electric fridge isn't an option because they use too much electricity- which is something I have very little of. On Jan 21 my old and used propane fridge quit working. I cleaned the chimney out but that made no difference so I put all the remaining food outside on the deck in totes. The weather is close to the same temperature as a fridge and that is a blessing. Another blessing is that this happened shortly before a planned town trip and no food was wasted and I thank God for that. However, I postponed a town trip so we could eat all the remaining food up. Both gas servicemen are on holidays so there is little to do except pray, wait and trust God. Whichever way this goes I have complete confidence in God to provide because that has been His track record. For anyone who is facing uncertainty I find Philippians 4:6,7 to be a gem. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." I am living in that peace and it could only be given by a God who loves and cares.

Sent from my iPhone

7 comments:

  1. I have always looked to that scripture, too, Ronda. It is hard not to be anxious sometimes!
    I hope your fridge is fixable and, if not, I hope you can find one that won't put a big financial burden on you. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your refrigerator gets repaired. Hate when those things happen, but Love your Bible quote. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will join in prayer with you Ronda. Your faith in Him is secure, and He will work out the details. Glad that so far your food hasn't spoiled and that you can keep it in tubs outside. Let us know how things go. I will pray with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your prayers. It thrills my heart that you will take the time to do this for me. I am fully confident in Him - He is not only my husband - He is my shepherd! I will most certainly be writing about this when I know more. Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ronda, I have this same passage written in a small piece of paper and inserted under the glass top of my desk. It right by my left elbow at this moment. It is passage that gives comfort to my soul. Thank you so much for the info about chicory and also garlic in treating blood pressure naturally. I will take a close look into it. Hope the situation with your refrigerator is now ok. In Brazil many people live without refrigerators. They boil food at night and also in the Am. They place just a bit of salt in the milk when boiling and keep outside the fridge even in a hot tropical country. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry to hear about your fridge Ronda, but your words come at a perfect time for me. I am off to write them down and place them somewhere that I can see them every day. Thank you my friend and I hope that fridge starts working again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, I've got mine written on an index card and taped to my loom. I will make a point of praying for you tonight and tomorrow. Hugs Ronda

    ReplyDelete