"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Sunday 18 September 2016

Mother and daughter skirts

It was the last item on my summer mending pile. A skirt that I had sewed years ago but it no longer fit and I no longer liked the style. However, I still loved the cotton Swiss dot fabric. It was a very full skirt and after removing the excess, I shortened it and put in an elastic waistband instead of the zipper. Now I suddenly had something I loved that fit. It was easy to see what to do with the excess fabric and my daughter was thrilled.
The summer mending pile is gone and the last camping trip is done. The sweetness of it is preserved in my memories. My daughter has grown with those good times and I see how the summer experiences we have shared together have become a part of her like how they are a part of me too. I feel truly thankful for these memories and I will carry the lesson I have learned into every season - not just summer. "True wisdom lies in gathering precious moments out of each day." Author unknown

Sent from my iPhone

6 comments:

  1. Just in time, too, as fall arrives on Thursday. I hope the upcoming season is just a lovely as the summer for you and your daughter. You will both certainly be well dressed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so sweet and cute ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you were able to get 2 for 1 out of your old skirt! The skirts look very comfortable indeed! Hope you are doing well! Have been so busy this summer, happy to be visiting and catching up with you today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to hear from you too! Glad you had a good summer - we did too.

      Delete
  4. I love your recycle. I have a similar skirt in black. Comfortable and cozy!

    ReplyDelete