"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Sunday 19 June 2016

A Father's Day story

I had family come for a visit and they helped me with the annual task of cleaning out the stovepipe for my wood stove. Segments of pipe are removed from the back of the stove and a special brush specifically for the task is pushed up to the top of the stove cap. It's not complicated but it is a dirty job because of the falling black soot. It is much easier with another set of hands much stronger than my own. Hands that can turn the pipe and line up the screw holes with out me having to put in new screws while trying to hold onto the pipe. I know because I installed all of the pipe by myself. My guests left on Father's Day and insisted on stopping by my truck parked on the mainland. Than I got a text from them informing me that my gas cap lid was sitting on my tire and the lid covering up where the cap should have been was wide open. If you have been following my blog you will be aware of stollen gas posts- but this was something new. In the past thieves always put the cap on and closed the lid. (On two separate occasions I have tried locking gas cap lids and they have been pried off and than put back on.) The truck had been parked for two days and during those two days it rained a lot. There may or may not be water in my gas tank. I will order some stuff to help remove the water and it will be at the post office -located nearby to my truck the next time I go to town. I am thankful for my family's insistence on stopping by my truck as it will be a month before I return. I know that my care and that of my young daughter is completely in His hands for He is able to provide better than what I or any earthly man can. "Great is The Lord and most worthy of Praise." Psalm 48:1

Sent from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. I hope that there is not water in your tank, Ronda. I am sorry that happened to you. While I am tempted to discuss the bad behavior of some, I would rather focus on the wonderful family that helps and looks out for you. What a blessing to have them in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim Yes, their visit was a blessing and I am thankful for that. Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ronda, I'm so thankful your family was there for a visit, and that they helped you with the stove cleaning, indeed, that is a terribly difficult and messy job! And I'm so sorry to hear about the issue with the gas in your truck! I do hope that when you do get over there to check on it, that all is well, and so thankful that at least your family members were able to put the gas cap back on before further damage could happen. Do you know anyone in that area who would let you park your truck in their yard? I will be praying about this situation for you, indeed, you are in the precious care of the Lord!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that God is looking for me to live in faith. He is a good provider and we are in good hands. Thank you for your prayers. Ronda

      Delete