"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Thursday 26 May 2016

A sweater

Grace was gifted to me when my daughter fell asleep early the evening I wanted to begin finishing this lace sweater. She hasn't done that in a month. It was the gift I needed and I finished before dark. Grace was gifted me a second time when I lost all the drafts on my phone - except for this post. I knit this on 2mm needles and I used lace weight baby alpaca. The pattern and design are my own. I've rejected following patterns years ago. If this type of knitting appeals to you my tip is to make swatches. Success is all in the planning. It has taken me awhile to learn this. The swatch if it is wool should be taken off the needles and blocked as this will give accurate measurements and will show the drape. Knowing how it hangs can be a defining point in the success of a project as is knitting the correct size. Both of these are determining factors as to whether or not your garment will get worn. I am very pleased with my sweater. I am wearing it in the cabin when it feels cool and it is cozy.

Sent from my iPhone

12 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! And how cool that you used alpaca fur!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandi The baby alpaca yarn is very soft and has a soft 'halo' to it. Thank you for your kind comment.

      Delete
  2. The style is pretty and I like the subtle color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terra. I hope someone gets inspired to knit something. Ronda

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous. You are very talented Ronda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. A lot of knitting is practice and it helps if you also enjoy it. Thank you for your visit.

      Delete
  4. Wow! That is beautiful, Ronda. Love that you had a couple of 'grace' moments. They come too few and far between sometimes...but are always welcome.
    I have not been following blogs much so I am glad to see a post from you here.
    Much love to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana It is so easy to see all the times when there is no grace. So when it does happen it nearly makes me jump up and down. I also haven't nearly the time I would like to spend on blogging. I do however enjoy my online friendships. A hug to you! Ronda

      Delete
  5. I AM inspired, so thank you for the pictures and story. I even tried to join a knitting group this year but I discovered that I could not do anything but make mistakes when there are other people around me and distracting me. I think I'll have to improve my knitting skills via YouTube!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! That was really exciting and made my day. There are so many interesting paradigms between knitting and life - at least in mine. Yes there are many online options available and utube videos are useful. There used to be ongoing chat available for knitting related questions on ravelry but I'm not sure if it's still a part of their site or not. Feel free to email me

      Delete
  6. Grace moments are so wonderful when they come, little pieces of sweet joy! Your sweater turned out really lovely, especially noting the fact that you did not use a pattern, but created one yourself - very impressive! You are a lady of many, many talents! It is nice to have a sweater for the cool nights, and it is a beautiful one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your visit! I don't think it matters what it is that one does if one perseveres in time it will be something beautiful. Have a blessed day. Ronda

    ReplyDelete