"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Tuesday 30 June 2015

Firewood and my choice

I always wondered what I would do when the last block of firewood was chopped. Would I lay down in the dirt around the sand castle's my daughter and I built and stare up at the treetops and sky? I didn't. Instead I sharpened and oiled my splitting maul and went to bed. I can't really show you all the firewood. At this point it is scattered in several heaps. Do I have enough for winter? I don't know but the wood is now split and drying in the summer heat. Speaking of summer I am reminded of the first summer I visited Mrs. N. It was early july and as I stood in her yard; I looked at the tall overgrown grass. "This is my meadow," the sprightly, elderly woman told me her face beaming and that's when I saw the wild flowers sprinkled like glitter in the grass. Perspective is everything. My perspective is something I can control no matter what the circumstances. By changing it I can change everything.
Sent from my iPhone

10 comments:

  1. That is a very true statement, Ronda and one I forget often. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. I'm glad the post was of use to you. I need the remainder too.

      Delete
  2. Congrats, dear Ronda! You are to be commended for all your hard work and awesome attitude. Keep up the good work, sweetie. You're inspiring us all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU are so right. When we change our perspective Ronda, magic happens. It happens in us first, then possibly in others around us. I know this because my father, with whom I did not get along in my teen years, confessed to me years later that HE HAD CHANGED because I had changed. Perspective changes everything, everyone, if we let it. Happy day! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I hope you have enough firewood to get you and your daughter through the winter!! How cold does it get there in the winter? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana I have trust that it will be enough. I have done my part and now I leave the rest up to God. As for winter it doesn't get cold just wet. It's nice to hear from you Diana.

      Delete
  5. Well said.
    I always appreciate your thoughts.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carla and I appreciate your thoughtful comments.

      Delete