"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Friday 13 February 2015

My radio valentine message

It was breakfast time and looking at the dark grey cloud quilt out the window yesterday it looked like it was going to be a day of solid rain. I don't usually mind such days but that day unlike most days I felt discouraged. It darkened my perspective and I was struggling to stay patient with my toddler at the kitchen table. I turned the radio on thinking I would listen to the news on CBC for a few minutes. Distraction I have learned is a wonderful coping technique as it makes me pause before I say or do something I will later regret. Strangely the station wasn't coming in so I turned the dial to a christian music station that I was aware of but seldom listen to. The dj came on the air at that minute and began to speak. "Ever feel like you need more patience?" She asked. I stared at the radio in disbelief. "Patience, she said is the fruit of the Spirit." An excellent reminder. "God teaches us patience," she said, "through the long line-ups at the grocery store and through people who irritate us." And I thought right now, right here it is with the sweet toddler of mine. "God loves us so He is working on us by handing us these opportunities. What will you do with your's? "Thank you, I prayed." "...it will produce branches and bear fruit and become a splendid cedar." Ezekiel 17:23

Sent from my iPhone

6 comments:

  1. Isn't it a wonder how God works in His mysterious ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe He was also telling me that I need patience for the discouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing how you turned the radio on to a station that brought you the message you needed at the moment - isn't it great to know that God speaks to us in ways that we don't expect, but just when we most need to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God loves us. Normally I am a happy, optimistic person. This was the message I needed right then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy sharing my faith and experiences. Thank you for reading and commenting.

    ReplyDelete