"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Thursday 18 December 2014

Isn't love His favourite gift?

After spending every evening knitting (and sometimes very late) the Christmas sweater is nearly done. I just have to block it. Yes, you read that correctly. I realize I am doing things incorrectly if one follows traditional knitting protocol procedures which states that blocking is done before sewing the pieces together. If your a non-knitter blocking is wetting the pieces and then pinning them onto something flat to dry. I have a piece of styrofoam that I use for this purpose. As I near forty I am becoming less likely to bother with established ways of doing knitterly things. After all I have been knitting for almost twenty years and experience counts for something. Especially when it comes to shortcuts. If my pieces are the right size then I don't bother anymore with blocking until it is sewed together. Christmas eve will find me relaxed and knitting something else. I have given my best to my daughter and it doesn't matter whether or not she knows, because parenthood is all about giving. My gift reminds me of the continuous depth of the love of God. Christmas is about that love.

Sent from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. More beauty. You really write from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right...parenthood is all about giving and giving and giving. Just as the love of God was all about giving His best.
    I have so enjoyed meeting you here in blogland. What a lovely life you are creating. I was a single mom once, I married the Lord one day (got a little ring and had a ceremony between Him and me) I told Him I needed a husband and father for my children. He proved faithful to me and my children and now my grandchildren. Your daughter has the same daddy:) He will be faithful to her and to you. All is well......the future is bright in His love.
    Hugs from Shirley

    ReplyDelete