"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Monday 17 November 2014

To be the best

In my quest to be the best mom I've taken to cooking and baking. Some of my latest efforts, like the walnut carrot coconut cookie recipe I created and the sweet potato fries I experimented with have been nirvana. The other day I decided to introduce to my daughter the wonders of popcorn cake. I have the recipe my mom used and while it contains a few preservatives that I normally shy away from this cake was a favourite of mine a long time ago. As usual before baking we put on our aprons and I set all the ingredients the recipe calls for on the table. The cake which came out looking a deep purple looked more like candy but I remind myself it's a treat on a once in awhile occasion. Although the only occasion I am aware of today is my sweet tooth. For a snack I cut a slice. My toddler takes a nibble while I straighten up. "No mommy," she says and pushes it away. "Oh, no I think what have I done?" The flavour was so intense that if I had a really bad cold I would have been able to still taste the grape. It took me until evening after the little angel was tucked into bed before I realized my undoing. I had put 85 grams of Kool-aid in instead of jello. I'm glad it wasn't a birthday cake. I'm glad her socks knit up perfectly.
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment