"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Friday 7 November 2014

Lunch and Soap

This week my daughter and I were over at a friends place and we had lunch together. I haven't been to her place since I was pregnant. The visit made me realize how introverted I have become. I wonder if this is a permanent change.....or is it a part of the circle of grief that I am passing through? The weather is rainy but the thermometer doesn't drop. The maple leaves have turned gold but they haven't fallen. We eat two meals in twilight and watch two female Anna hummingbirds frequenting the feeder. (They don't visit at the same time.......) Is it fall or winter? I used to make soap but then it became impossible to locate lye without ordering it online. So I quit. I've since regained an interest in it but this time I will make my own lye from ashes. Somewhere in my woodpiles I have a small stash of yew. Perhaps enough for a partial batch of soap. But I have to locate it first. One of these days I am going to build a woodshed. Then the firewood will be organized like my knitting needles. It will also stay dry.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment