"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Thursday 27 November 2014

Learning patience

I have learned when I take time to linger, to enjoy the toddler holding my hand spashing through the mud puddles as we meander down the lane then I know I am in the right head space and everything else that happens in our day will be fine. And that's what it has come down to is for me to preserve the inner tranquility.  There are times when I feel impatient and I have learned that if I just stop and pause long enough before speaking I will regain the calm again. With practice and the constancy of prayer it is becoming a part of me. It takes hundreds of tiny stitches to make a quilt and hundreds of days to create the story of a childhood. May each day like each stitch be beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment