"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Thursday 9 October 2014

Honey Whole Wheat Bread/Bun Recipe

Several months ago I shared with you a oatmeal bread recipe. That recipe along with this one is from the out of print All The Way Vegetarian cookbook by Dorothy Simms. I like this cookbook for it's bread recipes. I particularly like this whole wheat one as it does have white flour in it. This is a melt in your mouth bun/bread recipe. The ingredients are: 4-4 1/2 cups white flour; 3 teaspoons instant yeast; 1/2 teaspoon salt; 1/3 cup honey; 3 tablespoons margarine; 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour. Combine 2 cups white flour, undissolved yeast and salt in mixing bowl. Add 2 1/2 cups warm water. Beat 2 minutes. Add 1 cup white flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour. Beat 1 minute more. Stir in remaining whole wheat flour. Gradually add enough of remaining white flour to make a soft dough. On floured board, knead thoroughly. Put dough in warm greased bowl and let rise until double. ( approx. 1 hr) Divide dough into two portions. I usually make a loaf of bread with one and the other I make buns. Let rise until almost doubled. Bake 400 degrees; 20 minutes for the buns and 35-40 minutes for the bread.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment