"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Sunday 19 January 2014

Candles and plumbing

I understand now I am going to be alone forever. Without a man I need to learn some basic skills for self sufficiency to keep up my way of life. The first of these is how to sharpen my axes, mauls and splitting wedges. I am getting the tools together that I need so I can get started. It requires less strength to work with a sharp axe so I am only making it easier on myself. I've made quite a few beeswax tapers. Not only do they smell like honey while burning they are dripless and cleanse the air. By my bed is a stack of plumbing books. Yes, we live without plumbing. I am about to do something about that. I did slip a knitting book in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment