"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Monday 21 October 2013

The owl that never was

I laid down with my daughter for bed and was quite tired when I heard what sounded like an owl on the other side of the glass. Feeling concerned for the safety of my sleeping feathered friends in the eaves I shined the bright beam of the flashlight at the tree on the other side of the window. That's when I realized the sound was coming from BabyGirl's sippy cup....later in the night I did hear the owl....far away..in the morning the leaves were falling. Babygirl is learning new words like firewood. I've decided all I want for Christmas is a 3 lb ax. When I take a break from splitting firewood I've done some burning. I love the popping and hissing of leaves and needles. I like the cool air that's turned green leaves gold and the blazing heat that's like a hot summer day on my bare arms. Poking a fire is sheer delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment