"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Saturday 29 June 2013

How long does it take robins to build a nest? I came back after spending the day in town and found a nest about six feet away from my deck and eight feet up in a young tree. Did the bird want company? The Woodstove is blasting out to much heat.
But I needed a hot fire to burn diapers. There's a pot of white beans on and bread in the oven. I hear wind in the treetops. Maple leaves flutter like caught butterflies against a blue and white speckled sky. The rain is over and the lightness of the day is intensified. Speaking of light last night I fell asleep early nursing Babygirl. I woke up sometime in the night and although I could not find my headlamp I found my way around and even poured a cup of hot tea from the thermos I keep on the kitchen counter. Light. It means I can see the cheerios on my kitchen floor. It also means with observation, reflection and prayer I will find my way.
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment