"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Thursday 2 May 2013

Kill deer birth

The late afternoon sun felt warm on my back as I pushed the baby jogger down the road to the beach. One egg has been missing. I've been checking the 3 remaining eggs daily as the anticipated hatching time has approached. (24 -30 days) Turns out it was 29 days. The tide was coming in and the resident ravens were not seen or heard so after a bit I approached. The baby was tiny, wet, and blinking an eye at me. It raised its head and chirped several times. Its well developed feet were impressive.
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment