"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Friday 31 May 2013

Earthen pot tomato

A friend delivered this to my door this week. The earthen pot is composed of two twenty gallon buckets inside of each other. Halfway up the bucket on the outside there are small drainage holes in it to indicate when the pot is full. In the inside bucket there is a cup filled with soil that acts as a wick to draw up the water which is poured through a funnel into the black pipe which goes through the inside bucket into the outside bucket. The black plastic helps to retain moisture and heat up the soil. Of course the central idea behind this is water conservation.
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment