"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Sunny 11 degrees east breeze

We were down at the beach tucked out of sight of a group of six common mergansers. They were on the beach next to the water. We were a short distance away up on a knoll. Babygirl was happily playing and when I stood up I could see them. The two males were preening while keeping watch. The four girls were sitting facing the water with their backs to the land and to the sun. Its the pace of their day I noticed. They rested awhile but when a big wave came they took it. The girls have such pretty red tufted heads and the boys with their dark heads and white bodies look like miniature icebergs against a dark sea. Their passing by on there way to parts north and will breed inland on freshwater. Isn't it amazing how lightly they live? It seems there perspective is all they carry.
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment