"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Sunday 2 December 2012

A december day

I was sitting nursing on a rotten log and watching several winter wrens hopping through the dense underbrush. One came closer and then it spotted us. It hopped onto a stump within arms reach and looked us up and down. I wonder what it saw? BabyGirl saw it to and her little mouth stopped sucking momentarily. The bird continued on and I looked up through the trees and saw a cerulean blue sky. It reminded me of this morning as I sat at the kitchen table drinking my hot chocolate. The light was coming in fast. The maple trees were black silhouettes. But what I couldn't figure out was what shade of blue the sky was? It wasn't baby blue, cerulean blue, midnight blue, prussian blue, navy blue, phthalo blue, periwinkle blue, ultra marine blue, cobalt blue, turquoise blue, tiffany blue, royal blue, indigo blue, or steel blue. I couldn't think of any more blues. So I looked online and according to wikipedia there are 58 to choose from so I've just gotten started. But while I'm talking about colors I want to mention red. My bright red hummingbird feeder is still up and today I momentarily had a visitor. But the bird saw me on the other side of the glass and took off before landing and before I had a good look. (The feeder is close to the kitchen window) I put sugar water in it and I'm hoping the precious little bird will come back and delight my soul with a visit.
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment