"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Saturday 3 November 2012

We can only give what we are.

When I heard debris landing on the roof I went outside to investigate. There wasn't much I could do. There was no way to get the big birds attention without waking the baby. So I left the pileated woodpecker to continue his excavation in the branch-less snag. Talking about trees. Living trees give us oxygen. A tree cannot give what it does not have. Neither can we. We can only give what we are. This is another great reason for self improvement and brings me to a question. There is an eagles nest I walk by and yesterday when I did I watched one land in the nest with several sticks. The bird spent several minutes arranging and rearranging and even dislodged some which fell out in the process. It is known that they are monogamous and are bonded for life but do they ever have domestic disputes? You know it could go like this, "Hey why did you put that stick over there? I wanted it here." At which point the first one re-torts, "I'm the nest builder around here."
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment