"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Saturday 10 November 2012

The Fireplace

This is the brick fireplace re faced in stone. I couldn't get a good picture but its in shades of blues and peach. Some of the rocks are solids and others are patterned. A few have mica (nature's glitter). Those are my favorites! The rocks at the base are in darker shades. As for my question- where is the iron that causes some rocks to stain? The stone mason answered it and told me the iron is in the rocks and it leaches out causing the stains. Generally rocks with iron are weaker and may crumble. I wish I could always find answers to my questions.
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment