"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Wednesday 31 October 2012

Fibonacci

Fibonacci whose real name was Leonardo da Pisa was an italian mathematician who lived during the middle ages. A fibonacci sequence starts with two numbers. These are fibonacci numbers which are found in nature; typically through numbers commonly found on flower petals, pinecones, seedheads on flowers etc. The third number is the sum of those two numbers. The fourth number is the sum of the previous two numbers and so on. For example: the fibonacci sequence as it appears in nature: 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55,89,144 and so on. How cool is this!!!! So what is my point? This is the greatest idea for designing stripes in knitting. I would like to do an afghan but first I will knit something small to test out exactly what it is I want to do with the fibonacci sequence. If your going to take the time the knit something you might as well get excited! Don't tell my high school math teachers. They should have taught me knitting first.
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment