"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Sunday 2 September 2012

Baby Dedication

I wrote a prayer that was read for the occasion. We stood in the center of the circle while everyone stood around us and the mother's prayer was read by someone else. This was the prayer: Dear Heavenly Father. Thank-you for the gift of my daughter. Like Hannah offered Samuel so I dedicate her to you, Lord. Help me as a parent, with my weaknesses and imperfections. Give me strength and Godly wisdom. Please supply what I lack. May my daughter grow to be a woman of courage, strength, compassion and wisdom. May she be a blessing to others. May she always make her identity in you Lord and not in this world. Please protect and guide her. May you always hold her in the palm of your hand. In Jesus name, amen. Handmade bracelets were given to each of us in honor of the occasion. This was a thoughtful surprise for me. As usual we closed with the Lords prayer and sang Praise God. 1 samuel 1:17 was read (another lovely surprise which I will treasure in my heart forever) "....go in peace and may God grant you what you asked of Him". The usual refreshments were served and we took a few pictures and shared hugs. I took her home for her nap and sat beside her watching her sleep and shed some tears.
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment