"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Saturday 18 August 2012

I don't mind waking up at 5 am. When there's a smiling, shining baby beaming at me. But I can tell you a thing or two about fatigue. Did I mention how my naps can outlast Baby girl's? Or that pajamas are my favorite clothes? Or my favorite fantasy is sleep? A spider made a twenty foot or so line across the lane during the silent, clear night or was it at dawn? If he made it at night was it by instinct or did he spin it in the starlight? I saw the thread glistening in the early morning sunlight. How long did it take him to make? I ducked under it. Then there was the chickadee who got stuck in my suet feeder. The suet had gotten warm and sticky in the hot afternoon air. When I found him he was helplessly stuck in the suet with only his head protruding from the feeder. His companion watched as I held the feeder and slid the cake out freeing him. It didn't take long to clean himself off. Within several minutes they were back and I couldn't tell which one had been smothered in suet.
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment