"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Introducing My Daughter!!!

My baby daughter born March 20 - a day before my birthday. Her birth is the best day of my life.

Birth Blessing by Natalie Evans

Close your eyes and breathe deep
breathe in peace, breathe out pain
imagine your feet
toes curling into dirt
think of yourself as rooted
thnk of your place in the earth
how did you come to be here?

through generations of women named
A maternal lineage
that brought you to this place
think of their birth stories
what you know, what you believe to be true

Realize that their births carry deep wisdom
some may carry the memory of joy and transcendence
Each birth is a powerful experience
Each birth traces down to you.

Just as you pass this knowledge onto your baby
understand that your birth is your own
it will be different from all others
like the swirls in your thumb
unfolding with each contraction,
rising and falling like a newborn's chest

this birth belongs to you
this birth is an opening
this birth is the end and a beginning

may this belssing of birth come to you without fear
may this blessing of birth come to you with great understanding
may this blessing of birth make your heart soar
may this blessing of birth bring
shouts of delight to your lips
blessing to you and your birth.

4 comments:

  1. Another first day of spring baby! That's my birthday too.

    Love that picture of the two of you. You look so happy and lovely.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been scrolling back through the years to find this day when your Babygirl was born. Two days before my birthday ;-) So as I write this, she is three already. One of my grandsons turned three today.
    I admire your bravery. It's interesting to me now that I am recently a widow and living a solitary life how I can relate to your musings. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Gretchen. I am pleased to meet you. I find it encouraging to meet anyone who reads my words. I am sorry for your loss......Ronda

    ReplyDelete