"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Saturday 10 March 2012

today the snowdrops bloomed


Also known as the "flower of hope."
In a legend from the Nootka people, Copper woman is alone on the coast. She has no human contact with any other. She takes good care of herself yet she is lonely and because of it her existence marginal at best. When she becomes impregnated and birthes a daughter she, "felt the loneliness diminish until it was no larger than a small round pebble on the beach." pg 33 Daughters of Copper Woman. Copper woman went on to have many more children and with each one the laughter in her voice and around her rang higher and clearer and stronger.

 I cannot speak for all woman but I am among those who also finds happiness in this path I have fully embraced.

Kahlil Gibran said, "You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give." pg 19 The Prophet.  Perhaps this is what motherhood is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment