"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Wednesday 8 February 2012

How to do a steek with acrylic yarn

Here is my sample swatch. Notice the double set of button holes. When I fold the band back after it is cut they will fit symmetrically over top of each other. I used a tiny seam on my treadle sewing machine and sewed down twice on each band for a total of 4 seams. Then I cut but I will spare you that picture. You might flinch! hehee 
With thread I whipstitched the raw cut edge to the back of the band. I made certain my stitch began and ended on the secured machine sewn seam-line.
Now that I've finished the sample I've cast on for the cardigan again and it's time to try this on a garment.

No comments:

Post a Comment